Nova Scotia has some of the most photogenic trails in the world, and we want you to share your experience; it might just earn you a fantastic prize!
This contest is open to all winter trail users based on permitted trail uses.
How to Enter
Submit your trail-related photo accompanied by a brief caption answering one or more of the following:
- How do trails allow you to connect to nature, and how do you benefit?
- How do you feel during and after your trail experience?
- How do trails contribute to your active and healthy lifestyle?
- What do you do to make your trail experience safe and fun?
- How do you reduce your environmental footprint when enjoying trails?
To enter, post your photo and caption to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, tag @nstrails, and include the hashtag #trailvibesns.
In your caption, please let us know where and when your photo was taken.
Midnight on March 12, 2017 (winner announcement before end of March)
Our judges will select first, second and third place winners based on the photo’s quality, composition and originality.
- 1st - $250 Gift Certificate for Sport Chek
- 2nd - $150 Gift Certificate for Sweet Ride Cycling
- 3rd - $120 St. John’s Ambulance Gift Card & Prize Basket
By submitting your photo, you are declaring your understanding of the contest rules:
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges selected by the Nova Scotia Trail Federation. All decisions made by the panel are final.
- Ownership and use: submitted photos become the property of the Nova Scotia Trails Federation. By submitting your photos to this contest, you are consenting to their use by the Nova Scotia Trails Federation and their members in future promotions, advertising, print documentation, social media, and websites.
- Disclaimer: the Nova Scotia Trails Federation is not responsible or liable for any damage or loss arising from, or connected with the photo contest.
- Safety: photos depicting inappropriate, unsafe, unethical or illegal trail use will not be considered. The Nova Scotia Trails Federation is not responsible for injuries or property damage resulting from photos.
- Photos must be original, and taken by the contestant on a trail within the province of Nova Scotia. Plagiarized photos will be disqualified from the contest.
- Waiver: by submitting your photo, you are confirming that you have permission of any individuals appearing in the photograph, and their understanding of the ownership and use of the photos, as detailed above.
Good luck and happy trails!